What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

LinkedIn to rival Fiverr and Upwork with Marketplaces

spiced

According to a new report from The Information, Microsoft has been busy building a new project over at LinkedIn: A freelancing platform.

Currently, LinkedIn has a freelance connection tool called ProFinder. It’s pretty simple. This new feature, however, would be much bigger.

This is what’s being suggested:
The update could allow hiring to happen right on LinkedIn. This would be a major step, and would be a blow to sites like Fiverr and Upwork – particularly because LinkedIn already has a massive community of people with existing profiles.
There might be more advertising opportunities. New features normally mean new advertising opportunities, right? In particular, freelancers looking to sell their services might have a way to run paid promotions.
This would be a big step for LinkedIn, and an official announcement (if it happens) is likely still far into the future. But, because LinkedIn’s such an established platform, it could make it easier to hire new marketers for your team.

Source: https://socialbarrel.com/linkedin-to-rival-fiverr-and-upwork-with-marketplaces/128856/

LinkedIn isn't my favourite social media work place website. I have tried making use of it a few times but I never really liked it. It's more of where companies promote their brands and offer employment opportunities to people.

Back