What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

mail.php not being called from contact.php to do validation and send

Larry29936

I'm running a test website locally on apache2. It has a contact page that is supposed to call mail.php to validate the form and send the mail. I know it won't actually send the email but it should do the validation. I've tried doing emails with obvious errors that should be caught by mail.php but I'm getting no error messages. Here's the pertinent section from contact.php:

<form> <form id="form1" method="POST" action="mail.php"> <p> <label>Name</label> <input type="text" name="name"> </p> <p> <label>Email Address</label> <input type="email" name="email"> </p> <p> <label>Select a Category</label> <select name="type" id="category" size="1"> <option value=''> </option> <option value='Questions'>Questions</option> <option value="Report Problem">Report Problem</option> <option value='Suggestion'>Suggestion</option> <option value='Other'>Other</option> <option value="Website Problem"> Website Problem</option> </select> </p> <p class="full"> <label>Message</label> <textarea name="message" rows="5"></textarea> </p> <p class="ctr"> <button type="submit" value="Send" style="text-align: center;">Send Email</button> </p> </form>

Back